Membership of Aberdeen and District Beekeepers’ Association offers benefits to all beekeepers – whether you’re experienced, or just planning to start keeping honey bees.
We suggest that new, and would-be beekeepers, join the Association (see link below) at any time of the year, and attend the lectures and demonstrations to learn as much as possible about beekeeping before buying their own bees, and get to know other Aberdeenshire beekeepers who may also be able to help and advise.
ADBKA membership benefits include:
- Meetings, lectures and demonstrations:
- We have two main events each year: the Annual General Meeting early in the year, and the Annual Honey Show held at the end of the season, around mid-October;
- We offer a range of interesting lectures throughout the beekeeping season with speakers and demonstrators from within ADBKA or invited guests;
- We run practical demonstrations at the Association apiary or at members’ apiaries, as well as organised visits further afield;
- Early in the year the Association runs a series of lectures aimed at new or would-be beekeepers, but of interest to everybody;
- We occasionally have social get-togethers or ‘bring and buy’ events (see the Diary for an up-to-date list or read some of the posts about past events);
- A monthly newsletter;
- The loan of a range of equipment for use by members (honey extractors, honey presses, mini-melters, a wax extractor and a foundation press);
- Members can borrow books from the Association library (Catalogue PDF download). On request, members can also borrow books from the extensive Moir Library owned by the Scottish Beekeepers’ Association.
- Advice on various aspects of beekeeping such as disease control, marketing and crop-spray liaison.
- Our affiliation with the SBA allows liaison with national organisations such as DEFRA and SASA (who also offer a free microscopic examination of samples if disease is suspected).
Join Aberdeen & District Beekeepers’ Association:
The annual memberships are:
Payment can be made by
- Cheque or electronic BACS transfers. Download and print a membership form here (as PDF) and here (in Word) (details on how to make payments are on the form);
- By direct debit. See details here.
Please see ADBKA Data Protection Policy – here.